- Get inspired with this simple air fryer breaded mushrooms recipe
- How to cook breaded mushrooms in air fryer
- Air fryer breaded mushroom recipe …the method
- Tips for cooking air fryer breaded mushrooms
- How to cook frozen breaded mushrooms in an air fryer
- Since you are here…can I ask a favor?
Get inspired with this simple air fryer breaded mushrooms recipe
Summary – Air fryer Breaded Mushrooms; Create your breadcrumb mix and then coat the mushrooms in it using flour and eggs. Air fry your breaded mushrooms at 400 F for 7 minutes and flip them over, spray both sides of the mushrooms with cooking oil and cook for a further 5 minutes. Full details below.
If you are looking to make a quick snack, look no further than air fryer breaded mushrooms. They are perfect as a bite between meals but they are also flexible too. Perfect for little gatherings, party food and of course, the big game on screen.
In this post, i will show you how to make air fryer breaded mushrooms, telling you the ingredients you need and showing you the method.
The good news is that it is really simple and i’m pretty sure you will have the ingredients in your pantry.
So, take this information and add it to your repertoire! If you have been following my series on air fryer cooking, it is quite a collection you should be building. Let’s get onto the air fryer breaded mushrooms recipe.
How to cook breaded mushrooms in air fryer
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- Cooking spray
Air fryer breaded mushroom recipe …the method
The following process will deliver you very consistent results. The ingredients are relatively simple and easy to put together. The first part of the process is to create the mix.
We are simply pouring breadcrumbs into a bowl. Pour as much as you need, since we are simply dipping your mushrooms into this mix, most of it will be wasted. You will use less than you anticipate.
Into the breadcrumb bowl, i add some grated Parmesan cheese. Of course, this is optional but i think it gives them a nice flavor.
Next, we add in some black pepper to add to the levels of taste.
Adding in some paprika adds some spice to it and gives it a nice coloring too. If you are feeling particularly adventurous, add some chili powder for that extra kick.
To finish of the seasoning, we add a little salt too. This mix is now complete and will form the basis of the crust. This is where the flavor is held so make it as strong as you wish. As you will have noted, there are no measurements here since it is just a mix, use enough to give it flavor rather than over power it.
The next step is creating the breaded mushrooms. You may well be familiar with this process, but it is essentially dipping your mushrooms into the flour, then coating it with the egg mix, then rolling it into the breadcrumb mix i described above.
The key thing here is to ensure you remove any excess egg since we want the breadcrumbs to be relatively dry.
If you really want some extra crunch, you can repeat this process twice.
Time for the air fryer. As always, you should preheat your air fryer before you cook anything. For this recipe, we will be cooking at 400F.
We will initially cook them for 7 minutes, then we will give them a quick spray with some cooking oil, in my case olive oil. At the same time, i will flip them over so that both sides are cooked evenly. Just to clarify, both sides will have some olive oil sprayed on them.
I will then cook them for a further 5 minutes at the same temperature, 400F.
As you can see from the image above, don’t the air fryer breaded mushrooms look fabulous. A lovely golden color with a crunchy texture. Add a little side dip to complement them….you are good to serve them up!
Tips for cooking air fryer breaded mushrooms
- Preheat your air fryer before you start cooking, The end result will be much tastier, the cooking more consistent and the final color will look significantly more attractive
- If you want really crunchy breaded mushrooms, go through the coating process twice
- Slightly adjust the cooking time depending on the size of the mushrooms
- Don’t be afraid of testing different ingredients rather than settling for a plain version
How to cook frozen breaded mushrooms in an air fryer
The method is simple since you don’t need to go through the process of breading them. You should follow the manufacturers recommendations but if you do not have them, cook them for 10 minutes at 360 F. Check they are thoroughly cooked at the end.
Breaded mushrooms frozen air fryer temperature
Cook them at 360 F.
Air fryer breaded mushrooms cooking time
You need to cook them for approximately 10 minutes, check after 8. Adjust time accordingly.
Air fryer breaded mushrooms are a perfect snack that is suitable for many occasions…who doesn’t like breaded mushrooms! As i have shown you here, you don’t need to buy and freeze breaded mushrooms, you can do them yourself at a much lower cost, with the results being even better and to your taste.
The method is simple and easy to execute. Very little can go wrong so this is perfect for everybody, regardless of cooking ability.
Let me know how your air fryer breaded mushroom recipe went, what did you put in there and are there any tips you want to share? Leave a comment below and share!
See you soon….Jayne x
Since you are here…can I ask a favor?
It would be really nice if you could share this article and image on your social media.
It’s just a couple of clicks for you but it means the world to me.
Thank you so much…Jayne x
You may also be interest in reading;
- Can You Make Lamb Chops In Air Fryer?
- How to Cook Perfect Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Is Air Fryer Beef Jerky a Thing? It Sure is and Here’s How
- Air Fryer Pork Chops? Wait till You Try Them!
- Air Fryer Tofu …This is How It’s Done
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs …How to Do It Right
- Air Fryer Meatloaf …That’s Amazing!
- How to Cook Perfect Frozen Chicken Strips in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges …That Everybody Will Love
- How to Make Air Fryer Hash Browns… The Best Way!
- Air Fryer Tater Tots… are Simply the Best!