How to cook hot dogs in air fryer…the right way!
So, you want to know how to cook air fryer hot dogs? Well you have come to the right place. The good news is that cooking hot dogs in air fryers is as simple as it gets. Follow this method to get the best results with tasty hot dogs.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390F
- Spray the basket with cooking spray or tip a tablespoon of cooking oil into the base
- Put your buns into the basket flat and cook for two minutes
- Remove buns and replace with hot dogs, cooking for three minutes
- Once complete, open fryer and check the hot dog is cooked through
If you follow this method, your hot dogs should come out of the air fryer perfectly. It is always worth checking if they are cooked properly. Most air fryers cook slightly differently so make sure you check them. If they are under cooked, simply put them back into the air fryer for another minute or so.
I’m sure you are aware of the benefits of air fryer hot dogs…healthy food that retains its goodness. This is one of the better ways to cook hot dogs. Remember, you can use the same way to cook burgers and French fries.
Hot dogs are the go-to for my husband, especially when he is watching sports on TV. He is a bit of an expert on air fryer hot dogs and he has his own techniques.
His method basically involves cooking the hot dogs and removing them just before they are cooked. He then places them in the buns, adds the cheese and puts them back in the air fryer to finish cooking. He absolutely swears by this method…I’ll leave you to decide what works best for you.
What to do if your hot dog bun is soggy
If the hot dog bun is soggy, you need to return it to the air fryer and leave for another minute or so/ Do this immediately, do not let it get cold.
Should I preheat my air fryer before I air fry my hotdogs?
Yes, if you want a better end result, then you should preheat the air fryer. It is the same as an oven. Normally, you need to bring them up to heat before you cook food in them. The same principle applies here. The food definitely cooks better and I would argue, tastes better too. One thing is for sure, it absolutely looks better.
Do air fryer hot dogs take the same time to cook?
No, it all depends on the size of them. If they are thick, they will take longer to cook. It is important that you check they are cooked properly. If not, return them to the air fryer.
I hope this answers your questions on air fryer hot dogs. I hope you enjoy them…but please make sure they are cooked properly. Hot dogs are really simple and quick to cook…so enjoy.
Let me know what you think…is there anything you do that makes your hot dogs different? How do you cook the perfect hot dog in your air fryer?
Share your secrets with us…leave a comment below.
Since you are here…can I ask you a favor?
It would be really nice if you could share this image on social media…it’s just a couple of clicks for you but it means the world to me.
Thank you so much…
You may be interested in reading the following…
- The ultimate air fryer cooking chart…cooking times with PDF
- Frozen Corn Dogs in Air Fryer… A Real Treat
- The Perfect Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in Air Fryer
- How to cook a frozen hamburger in an air fryer…Ultimate guide
- Frozen chicken wings in air fryer…the secret revealed!
- Lovely Frozen Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer… I Show You How
- How to cook perfect frozen chicken strips in air fryer