- In this post… ribs in air fryer
- Air fryer baby back ribs
- Air fryer spare ribs
- Tips on making Ribs in Air fryer
- How to cook boneless ribs in an air fryer?
- Will all air fryers take the same time to cook my air fryer ribs?
- Can I put my own seasoning on my ribs?
Air fryer ribs …is this the perfect air fryer food? It might well be. So many times, I have dished up air fryer ribs that people have assumed them to be grilled.
That is quite the compliment to my humble air fryer and the delicious air fryer pork ribs they deliver.
There are so many theories that get discussed when talking about ribs…I think we can agree that there is little agreement about the method to make the best ribs.
Whether you grill them, boil them first or barbeque them…little agreement comes. My take is this…the best ribs are the ones in front of you!
What I can tell you with absolute confidence, your air fryer spare ribs will delight you. Delicious…tender, where the meat just falls off. It really is wonderful. All this in less time than more traditional methods.
I’ll also give you another bonus here…the lack of mess. Clean up is an absolute synch…the dishwasher handles it all! Cooking ribs in air fryer is an absolute no brainer.
In this post… ribs in air fryer
I am going to help you make the most of your air fryer and help you make the best air fryer ribs. Obviously, there are different types of ribs, so I am going to give you a couple of options. One thing is for sure, one recipe is not better than the other.
They are all wonderful!
Air fryer baby back ribs
By far one of my favorite recipes… air fryer baby back ribs …and one of the easiest too. It’s pretty difficult to get this wrong. The meat is so tender and juicy, it is beyond belief.
I use baby ribs for this recipe, I find they work the best. To air fry baby ribs, you need to separate them in order to fit into the air fryer basket.
The only preparation you need to make to the air fryer baby back ribs is to remove the membrane on the back of them. Simply use a knife and slice it away.
The only ingredients you need are 2 pounds of baby ribs, 32 ounces of BBQ sauce and salt & pepper to season.
Process to make air fryer BBQ ribs;
- Preheat your air fryer to 390F
- Season the baby ribs and cover in BBQ sauce
- Place into air fryer for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, flip them over, baste with the sauce in the air fryer and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Check they are cooked through with a meat thermometer
You should now have a plateful of delicious air fryer ribs to really enjoy.
Air fryer spare ribs
His is another simple method…just using all seasoning to taste. You can of course use a BBQ rub. To prepare them, remove the fat from them and pour the all season onto them. Rub the seasoning in well and leave to marinade for at least half an hour…ideally overnight.
The next step is to wrap the ribs in aluminum foil, wrap them well because they need to hold the juices. We will let them cook for 40 minutes or so before we remove the foil. This will allow them to char in the air fryer, something that will give them that fantastic coloring.
Here is the process…
- Preheat air fryer to 350F
- Place the aluminum wraps into air fryer basket for 40 minutes
- After 40 minutes, remove from air fryer and remove the aluminum wraps.
- Place ribs back into air fryer for another 15 minutes
- Baste barbecue sauce onto the ribs and cook for another 6 minutes
Tips on making Ribs in Air fryer
Get the right meat
You want to make sure that the meat on the rib is evenly distributed. That way they cook evenly. You also want to avoid ribs with the bones showing.
The right amount of meat
For an adult, half a slab is enough. For children, one third of a slab should do.
Remove the silver skin
For the best cooked ribs, you need to remove this. If you cant do it yourself, your butcher will do that for you.
Marinade your ribs properly
For the best tasting ribs, marinade them overnight. Always do so in the refrigerator and not at room temperature.
Rest the ribs before you serve them
You should rest the cooked ribs for 15 minutes before they are served. Serve them with more barbeque sauce on the side for full satisfaction.
How to cook boneless ribs in an air fryer?
The method you choose is up to you. For your air fryer ribs, I would suggest that you try both methods. They taste slightly different and take different times to cook. The second method produces the more tender ribs but they do take longer. For convenience, the first method is best.
Will all air fryers take the same time to cook my air fryer ribs?
No, some air fryers are more powerful and more efficient than others. They therefore cook faster than others. I always suggest that it is best to get to know your air fryer. That way you can better judge how long things take to cook.
Can I put my own seasoning on my ribs?
Yes, you can put whatever seasoning you want. There are many people who make their own seasoning but many shop-bought ones are very good too.
Hopefully you are better placed to make fantastic air fryer ribs. If you are unsure about what method to choose, I suggest that you try both. The flavor and tenderness will be slightly different, you will know what suits you best. The first method takes less time, whilst the second method delivers more tender ribs.
One thing is for sure, there should be little to stifle your creativity. Why not experiment with seasonings to see what gives you the best results?
Let me know what you think…is there anything you do that makes your air fryer ribs different? How do you cook the ribs in air fryer? What is your favoured seasoning?
Share your tips with us…leave a comment below.
See you soon…Jayne x
You might be interested in reading the following…
- How to Cook Perfect Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- How To Cook Perfect Frozen Chicken Strips In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges …That Everybody Will Love
- How To Make Air Fryer Hash Browns… The Best Way!
- Air Fryer Tater Tots… are Simply the Best!
- How To Cook a Frozen Hamburger in an Air Fryer… Ultimate Guide
- Frozen Pizza In Air Fryer… The Right Way
- Frozen Fish in Air Fryer …a Delight Awaits
- Frozen Corn Dogs in Air Fryer… A Real Treat
- Air Fryer Scallops …You Won’t Believe How Good They Are!
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob …Made to Perfection
Since you are here…can I ask you a favor?
It would be really nice if you could share this image on social media…it’s just a couple of clicks for you but it means the world to me.
Thank you so much…
Watch the video here