- What are the ways to make air fryer corn on the cob?
- Corn on the cob air fryer method
- Air fryer corn on the cob in foil method
- Cooking frozen corn on the cob in air fryer
- Will air fryer frozen corn on the cob taste different?
- Do all air fryers take the same time to cook corn on the cob?
Air fryer corn on the cob you guessed it…delicious. Whether it is the crunchiness of a crisp corn on the cob or the softness of the corn that mirrors boiled corn, you can achieve both in an air fryer.
It always surprises me when I hear from people who have an air fryer but have never thought to use it to make their corn on the cob. They often ask ‘can you cook corn on the cob in an air fryer? Often, this is down to making it the way they always have…but trust me when I say that once you start using your air fryer, you won’t look back.
As a favorite in my home, we know how delicious they can be. My kids absolutely love them which is a bonus as they have tremendous nutrients in them. They are also fantastic for your gut health.
The way that I will show you how to make them means that you have no excuses, it a few minutes you will have air fryer corn on the cob…exactly how you like it.
What are the ways to make air fryer corn on the cob?
There are essentially two ways to make corn on the cob in air fryer. The first is the simplest way just putting them in the air fryer. The second is simple too but involves using foil. Either way, the results are delicious.
Let’s run through the two methods.
Corn on the cob air fryer method
This method will give you air fryer corn on cob that has a familiar crunch to it.
- Preheat air fryer 400F
- Lightly coat the corn with cooking spray
- Place in air fryer basket and cook for 14 minutes
- Turn them over mid-way through
Quick tip: Consider using butter instead of oil for that familiar taste
Air fryer corn on the cob in foil method
This method delivers great results and replicates the consistency that you would find if you were boiling the corn. This method is great if you are looking to infuse some flavor into them.
- Preheat air fryer 400F
- Lightly coat the corn with cooking spray and fold into aluminum foil
- Place in air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes
Quick tip: Consider adding some herbs into the foil before you cook. There will be more depth in the flavor.
Cooking frozen corn on the cob in air fryer
Cooking air fryer frozen corn on the cob is exactly the same as if you were cooking fresh corn on the cob. You simply need to extend the cooking time. Frozen corn on the cob is more convenient to many as you simply take it out of the freezer whenever you need it. It is also cheaper to buy than fresh corn. Obviously, it has real benefits and when you add into the fact that you cant tell it was ever frozen, it is a real treat.
Will air fryer frozen corn on the cob taste different?
No, it is surprising how similar the taste is to fresh corn on cob. You would struggle to choose which is which.
Do all air fryers take the same time to cook corn on the cob?
No, some air fryers are more powerful or more efficient than others. They may therefore cook more quickly than others. It is always best to get to know your air fryer to judge more accurately when they are done. Once your food is nearing completion time, it is always a good idea to check how close you are.
Hopefully, so have been encouraged enough to try air fryer corn on the cob. It really is amazing…please give it a go. This is more than enough information to get you started but if you are looking to mix things up, try experimenting by adding a few spices. I thoroughly recommend Mexican corn on the cob!
I hope I have answered your question on the corn on the cob air fryer method, so over to you…time to start getting creative.
Let me know what you think…is there anything you do different with your air fryer corn on the cob? Have you tried seasoning them beforehand? What spices did you use…feel free to share some recipes below in the comments.
Share your tips with us…leave a comment below…I respond to them all.
See you soon…Jayne X
Since you are here…can I ask you a favor?
It would be really nice if you could share this image on social media…it’s just a couple of clicks for you but it means the world to me.
Thank you so much…
You may also be interested in reading…
- How to Cook Perfect Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- How To Cook Perfect Frozen Chicken Strips In Air Fryer
- How To Make Air Fryer Hash Browns… The Best Way!
- Air Fryer Tater Tots… are Simply the Best!
- How To Cook a Frozen Hamburger in an Air Fryer… Ultimate Guide
- Frozen Pizza In Air Fryer… The Right Way
- Frozen Fish in Air Fryer …a Delight Awaits
- Frozen Corn Dogs in Air Fryer… A Real Treat
- Air Fryer Scallops …You Won’t Believe How Good They Are!