- Tater tots air fryer method
- How long to cook frozen tater tots in air fryer?
- Are air fryer frozen tater tots, the best way to cook them?
- Do I need to use oil for frozen tater tots, air fryer method?
- Do all frozen tater tots in air fryer take the same time to cook?
Air fryer tater tots are majestic…there I said it! That lovely potato covered in a crispy texture…wonderful. They’re perfect as a snack in their own right or as a little side dish to your hot dogs or hamburgers. I know whenever we have a barbecue, that is the first bowl that gets emptied.
You can also get a little creative with them. Have you ever tried melting some mozzarella on them…a real treat. If you want to stick to the traditional method…air fryer tater tots drenched in tomato ketchup…it’s all you really need.
They are perfect for a little snack…especially for those hungry kids back from school. My husband loves to them to snack on while watching the game.
It is the convenience of them that makes them appealing too. In literally a few minutes, you have a bowl of delicious food with very little effort. So easy to make too, which means the kids can do it too. Frozen tater tots in air fryer is the simplest method.
In today’s post, I’m going to show you how to make great air fryer frozen tater tots…the best ever. Golden brown with a lovely crust…filled with delicious potato inside.
Tater tots air fryer method
In most cases, most brands take the same time to cook…at the same temperature too. This makes it incredibly easy…simply refer to the back of the packet they come in. For those of you who don’t have the packet, simply follow these instructions;
Method to cook air fryer tater tots
- Preheat the air fryer at 400F
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or pour a little cooking oil into the base
- Put your tater tots into the basket
- Cook for 15 minutes – flip them in the basket every 5 minutes or so
- Add extra time if you want them crispier
See…I told you it was a simple task to cook tater tots in air fryer.
Quick tip: Make sure you don’t overfill the basket; you need to leave room for the air to circulate. I recommend that you do half a bag at a time for the best results.
How long to cook frozen tater tots in air fryer?
In the case of most brands, they take approximately 15 minutes to cook. That is enough time to turn them a golden crispy brown color with the center cooked beautifully. It is always worth checking the air fryer tater tots brand guidelines but I always find this method works best.
Are air fryer frozen tater tots, the best way to cook them?
I love my air fryer for a number of reasons. The food is healthier because I use less oil…if any at all. I also find that the food comes out better…the outside always looks better and the inside is thoroughly cooked. I could use my conventional oven, but it is more expensive to run a big oven for a small snack. By the time I have preheated it, it takes a long time.
Do I need to use oil for frozen tater tots, air fryer method?
To get the best results, you either need to spray the basket with cooking oil or pour a little oil into the base. This gives the best results as it adds a delicious crispy texture to the outside. You can choose not to put any oil in…experiment a little…see what happens.
Do all frozen tater tots in air fryer take the same time to cook?
No, in most cases they will take similar times but not all. Some frozen tater tots are slightly larger than others so they need longer cooking time. Generally, most peoples air fryers are slightly different in terms of temperature. This is why I always tell people to get to know their air fryer. Some air fryers cook a lot quicker than others…even at the same temperature.
Let me know what you think…is there anything you do that makes your air fryer tater tots different? How do you cook the perfect tater tots in air fryer?
Share your tips with us…leave a comment below.
See you soon…Jayne x
Since you are here…can I ask you a favor?
It would be really nice if you could share this image on social media…it’s just a couple of clicks for you but it means the world to me.
Thank you so much…
You might be interested in reading the following posts
- How to cook perfect air fryer frozen French fries
- Frozen chicken wings in air fryer…the secret revealed!
- Lovely Frozen Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer… I Show You How
- Frozen Pizza In Air Fryer… The Right Way
- How to cook perfect frozen chicken strips in air fryer
- How to cook a frozen hamburger in an air fryer…Ultimate guide
- Air fryer hot dogs done the right way
- The Perfect Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in Air Fryer
- How To Make Air Fryer Hash Browns…The Best Way!